Why to Display Last Modified or Updated Date in Your Posts:
If you posted an article or a post on June 19, 2016 and five days later you found out there was an update to the story. You can simple edit the article, and it will show you the last modified or updated date June 24, 2016.
Readers always like recent content they do not want to read old out-date stories. Therefore, showing last modified date would certainly add more credibility to your site. It also helps search crawlers and also helps a bit in search engine rankings
How to Display Last Modified Date of Your Posts:
- Firstly, go to Blogger >> Posts >> Edit (it depends upon you which post you want to edit, or which post you wish to change the last modified date).
- Now under Post settings, click on Published On on the right side of your screen.
- Select Set date and time, which will open up a calendar.
- Now you can change the date of your post. You can either change it to the current date (present day) or you can set a future date as well, it entirely depends upon you. After selecting a date, press Done.
- Once everything is done, press Update button on the top.